v303.1 (release notes
2.0.1.x - 3.0.3.x
Integrate your OpenCart store with TaxJar.com
, an easy-to-use sales tax management service for retailers. This extension connects OpenCart with TaxJar services, including using the customer's address to determine correct tax rate for their location, pulling that tax rate into OpenCart as an Order Total line item, and then submitting the order to be recorded into your TaxJar transaction listings.
Note: If you don't currently have a TaxJar account, please sign up through our affiliate link. This will help fund future development of this extension.
- Upload and go — utilizes ocMod so no core file modifications are necessary.
- Set your store's shipping origin address directly through the admin panel. TaxJar uses this, along with the customer's precise location, to accurately determine all state and local taxes that must be paid.
- Enter a fallback tax rate, in case the request to TaxJar fails.
- Choose whether pre-checkout pages perform API requests to TaxJar, or use the fallback rate you've entered, to reduce the number of API calls to TaxJar.
- Optionally enter variable Product Tax Codes for your products, using any existing product database field (e.g. Location or MPN).
- Charge tax on shipping methods, by making sure they have an eligible tax class applied to them.
- Restrict the extension by tax classes, stores, geo zones, and customer groups.
- Automatically pass order information from OpenCart to TaxJar when an order is processed, or manually submit previous or missed orders using the added button visible on orders in the OpenCart admin panel.
- Includes a Testing Mode so you can see all API requests to and responses from TaxJar, helping to debug things when they don't look right on the front end.