v2023-5-08 (release notes
2.0.1.x - 4.0.2.x
Integrate your OpenCart store with Stripe Tax, the sales tax management service offered by Stripe.com. This extension connects OpenCart with Stripe Tax services, including using the customer's address to determine correct tax rate for their location, pulling that tax rate into OpenCart as an Order Total line item, and then submitting the order to Stripe as a tax transaction.
- Upload and go — no core file modifications are necessary. The extension utilizes ocMod for OpenCart 2.x/3.0 and Event hooks for OpenCart 4.0.
- Take advantage of the built-in extension updater. All that's required is to enter your current license key and click "Update".
- Retrieve tax rates from Stripe into OpenCart, either based on the customer's IP address before checkout, or their shipping address during checkout.
- Enter a fallback tax rate for each geo zone, in case the API request fails.
- Choose whether pre-checkout pages perform API requests, or use the fallback rate you've entered, helping to reduce the number of API calls to Stripe.
- Set product-specific tax rates by mapping OpenCart tax classes to Stripe product tax codes.
- Charge tax on the shipping rate and any other line items that come before the extension in the list of Order Totals on the order.
- Restrict when the extension is active by store, geo zone, and customer group.
- Automatically pass tax transaction information from OpenCart to Stripe when an order is completed. You can also manually submit previous or missed orders using the button added to orders in the OpenCart admin panel.
- Automatically refund tax transactions when they are changed to a particular order status, or manually refund them using the added button.
- View a report of orders sent to and refunded in Stripe.
- Includes a Testing Mode so you can see all API requests to and API responses from Stripe, helping to debug things when they aren't working correctly.