Name (A - Z)
Name (Z - A)
Price (Low > High)
Price (High > Low)
Developer (A - Z)
Developer (Z - A)
OpenCart Essentials Starter Pack was created as a VQmod plug-in for my own shop as there were so many features that are missing on a fresh OpenCart install.
Since MrTech supports OpenCart shops, we test many new installations and these plug-in contains many of the features we find handy to have on any OpenCart shop, not just new ones.
1. Add Favicon to Admin Section.
2. Show Image Name in File Manager.
3. Add Clear Cache button on the Error Log page.
4. Add Clear Cache button on the Admin Dashboard.
5. Add ‘Clear Cache’ to the list of options in the ‘System’ menu.
6. Show Name for Easy Reference When Editing/Adding a Product, Category or Information Page.
7. Display Local Time on the Admin Dashboard Next to Title.
8. Display Local Time on the Error Log Page Next to Title.
9. Show Information Pages in Admin by Sort Order So That Both Front and Back End Look The Same.
10. Display Number of Products in the Overview Section of the Admin Dashboard and the Product Page.
11. Highlight Bar for Each Line/Row in Admin – Figure Out Which Edit Button to Click Faster.
12. Make Select Box Much Taller in Admin for Easier Use.
13. Slideshow Speed Settings.
14. Replace ‘Powered by’ in the Site Footer and the Admin Site Footer As Well.
15. Replace ‘Powered by’ in each Outgoing Email Footer With: (c)StoreName YEAR. All rights reserved.
16. Remove Non Relevant ‘Continue’ Button From All Information Pages.
17. Hide Any Information Page From Showing Up in the Menu by Setting the Sort Order to ‘-1’ (minus one).
18. Change Featured to Featured Spotlight
19. Get More Attention / Rotates Featured Items on Refresh.
20. Personalize user account by displaying: ‘FirstName Account Page’ instead of ‘My Account Page’.
21. Remove breadcrumb & Delete Duplicate Title on Account Page.
22. Convert all HOME links in the header to use pretty / clean SEO URLs.
23. Improve Review Section by Including Product Name for Easy Reference = better SEO.
24. Center Module Display Boxes.
25. Change ‘logged-out’ to any page you want to display after a user logs out.
26. Add name to registration email.
27. Add Space Between Price and Currency Name When Using Multi Currency.
Send contents of folder to OpenCart installation. Don’t worry, no files are overwritten.
Login to Admin, look for Time & Date Displayed on dashboard to confirm plug-in successfully install.
Don’t see updates? Refresh page – hold key & press – do it twice to be sure
This module is designed to go on the homepage. It lists the categories in a box with the category image on the right and a list of subcategories on the left.
V2 adds the ability to select the number of columns from the admin, and the ability to show products if subcategories are not available.
This is a vehicle year/make/model filter solution for opencart 1.5.1 and newer.
Added version 2.7 with 18.104.22.168 compatibility. If you do not need the compatibility you would probably be better off sticking with the old version for now. I have tested the new version, but it's a large change to make it work with the new version and many places for bugs to creep in. I have not yet updated the multi-store version, but I will get to it soon.
** note that v27+ requres version 2.3.0 (the latest version) of vqmod. **
** note if you get a cannot redeclare error after installing clear your vqmod cache **
Added a multi-store version so that makes and models are limited to ones that are associated with products that are assigned to the current store. Only use this version if you need it as it will have some performance implications, though I hope they are minimal.
This mod allows you to add unlimted year make and model combinations to your products.
Unlike other year make model mods this is not a search mod. It is a filter mod. Once the customer selects a year make and model the entire site gets filtered by only the applicable products and categories. You can browse anywhere in the site and everything will be filtered.
Unlimited year make model per product
Not a search mod any browsing or searching done on the site once filter is set will be limited to applicable products.
Filters products, categories, bestsellers, specials, featured, latest products
Option to remember vehicle which sets a cookie so that the user does not have to select vehicle every time they visit your site.
Set products as universal so they show up no matter what filter is selected.
Adds a tab with a list of vehicles the product fits when applicable.
Utilizes vqmod for upload and use install
Includes import export script for easy adding of year make models to products.
Filter by make only or make/model only etc.
Choose where to go once filter is applied (home / search / reload current page)
bug fix for slow queries when you have lots of filters. 2.2
change so that home and search redirects should work with multi-store. 2.3
Fixed category recursion problem
Added 1.5.2 compatibility
Changed import to turn off universal on imported products
Updated stylesheet so it will go horizontal if placed in one of the center positions. 2.5
Fixed small bug in admin where you couldn't edit engines 2.6
Added ability to import using alternate unique identifiers
Added ability to import new data without deleting old data so you no longer have to import all data every time. 2.7
Rewrote vqmod search code to better avoid conflicts
Added 22.214.171.124 compatibility
Tweek styling for horizontal layout for when module used in center column. 2.8
Fixed bug where search action was wrong with older versions of opencart.
Changed vqmod template search to use wildcard so it should work with most third party templates without changes. 2.9
Move the destination selection into the modules so that you can have different destinations depending on route. 2.10
Added loading indicator during ajax calls
Years are now filtered by engine if you have both enabled.
Fixed bug where export did not 0 fill fields if engine was turned off.
Changed the clear option on import to actually clear all tables so it starts clean.
Added ability to export using alternate identifiers.
Fixed a bug in the new engines filter years code.
Fixed bug on non existent product pages.
Refactored category filter. Should be much faster on stores with lots of products in a deep category structure.
Fixed a bug introduced with the category refactoring
Added ability to sort years high to low or low to high.
Fixed a bug where you could submit without selecting a make.
Fixed a bug with alternate language support.
Fixed categories with only universal products
Added product status check to category query
Added option to not show universal products in search results
Fixed bug if none of the products in a filter were assigned to any categories.
Added sanity checks to the make/model/engine editor to not allow deleting if in use by products.