OpenCart has an option that lets you create brands and assign them to your products, but that’s as far as it goes. If you ever ordered a salad in a restaurant, you may have asked what the house dressing is or perhaps your local pub has a house brand on tap as well?
Everyone knows there is always a house brand to be had that can be less expensive most time since it’s also known as a generic or no name brand.
Don’t just resell products, sell your own house brand products!
Promote your own house brand in Open Cart with the House Brand Module.
The House Brand Module works exactly like the Featured Module.
Randomize / Shuffle products on every page load (this method does not make extra calls to the database. It loads many products at once and then shuffles them before being displayed).
Products get centered inside the module for better styling.
Add as many products (set limit) as you wish to have displayed.
Set the width and height of the image.
Add the module to any layout.
Choose the position of the module (Content Top or Bottom and Column Left or Right).
Upload and go — requires no modification to core files or the database.
Compatible with almost any custom theme.
Create an unlimited number of modules all over your site.
Send contents of folder to OpenCart installation. Don’t worry, no files are overwritten.
Admin, Extensions, Modules – Click Install next to House Brand.
Click next to House Brand.
Choose which products will be displayed in your module by using Autocomplete.
Click the button on the bottom right hand side.
Works like other modules on the site such as Featured.
Don’t see updates? Refresh page – hold key & press – do it twice to be sure..
- See more at: http://www.mrtech.ca/house-brand-module-for-opencart#sthash.xjHK7s1w.dpuf
1) This vqmod will add the manufacturers/brands to the header menu(lists with names and links)
2) This currently works with the default theme(with the default theme's tags structure)
3) If you have a custom theme, please paste the code from the read-me.txt file to any area of the header.tpl you need and it will work !
- If you need support, please contact me email@example.com
- For any other custom modules, custom extensions or any other custom OpenCart work feel free to contact me by e-mail.