Geo Country-to-Currency Autodetect
||v1.5.1.x, v1.5.2.x, v1.5.3.x, v1.5.4.x, v1.5.5.x, v1.5.6.x, v2.0.0.x, v2.0.1.x, v2.0.2.x, v2.0.3.x, v2.1.0.x, v2.2.0.x
Supported OpenCart Versions:
What does it do:
This contrib adds a country check to automatically choose a currency based on the customer's ip address.
It uses an extensive list of country-to-currency code matching to show any supported currencies to the customer
* Uses Whois IP lookup to get the customer's country
* Checks that the currency exists in opencart and sets it
* Country/Currency mapping can be easily changed at anytime
* Has multiple fallback lookup systems in place. If the first fails, it tries the second.
* Sets cookie to avoid lookup on each page reload. Cookie lasts until browser close. Actual lookup done only once.
* Shows the country code quietly in the footer (shows * if using cookie value)
* Still Allows customer to change their currency to something else.
* You must have the currency installed for it to switch.
- Example, if you do not have GBP installed, but come from UK, then it will not automatically use GBP, it will use your default currency
* IP Lookup sometimes fails on 3rd world countries.
- If country cannot be found by lookup it returns 'XX'. In this case it will just load the default currency.
Tags: Currency by country, language currency, currency switch, country switch, currency locale, zone currency, geozone currency, country based currency, currencies, region currency