Essentials Starter Pack for OpenCart
|Essentials Starter Pack for OpenCart
OpenCart Essentials Starter Pack was created as a VQmod plug-in for my own shop as there were so many features that are missing on a fresh OpenCart install.
Since MrTech supports OpenCart shops, we test many new installations and these plug-in contains many of the features we find handy to have on any OpenCart shop, not just new ones.
1. Add Favicon to Admin Section.
2. Show Image Name in File Manager.
3. Add Clear Cache button on the Error Log page.
4. Add Clear Cache button on the Admin Dashboard.
5. Add ‘Clear Cache’ to the list of options in the ‘System’ menu.
6. Show Name for Easy Reference When Editing/Adding a Product, Category or Information Page.
7. Display Local Time on the Admin Dashboard Next to Title.
8. Display Local Time on the Error Log Page Next to Title.
9. Show Information Pages in Admin by Sort Order So That Both Front and Back End Look The Same.
10. Display Number of Products in the Overview Section of the Admin Dashboard and the Product Page.
11. Highlight Bar for Each Line/Row in Admin – Figure Out Which Edit Button to Click Faster.
12. Make Select Box Much Taller in Admin for Easier Use.
13. Slideshow Speed Settings.
14. Replace ‘Powered by’ in the Site Footer and the Admin Site Footer As Well.
15. Replace ‘Powered by’ in each Outgoing Email Footer With: (c)StoreName YEAR. All rights reserved.
16. Remove Non Relevant ‘Continue’ Button From All Information Pages.
17. Hide Any Information Page From Showing Up in the Menu by Setting the Sort Order to ‘-1’ (minus one).
18. Change Featured to Featured Spotlight
19. Get More Attention / Rotates Featured Items on Refresh.
20. Personalize user account by displaying: ‘FirstName Account Page’ instead of ‘My Account Page’.
21. Remove breadcrumb & Delete Duplicate Title on Account Page.
22. Convert all HOME links in the header to use pretty / clean SEO URLs.
23. Improve Review Section by Including Product Name for Easy Reference = better SEO.
24. Center Module Display Boxes.
25. Change ‘logged-out’ to any page you want to display after a user logs out.
26. Add name to registration email.
27. Add Space Between Price and Currency Name When Using Multi Currency.
Send contents of folder to OpenCart installation. Don’t worry, no files are overwritten.
Login to Admin, look for Time & Date Displayed on dashboard to confirm plug-in successfully install.
Don’t see updates? Refresh page – hold key & press – do it twice to be sure